Okay, I've never done a sleeve binding before. I've never put on a cuff or placket other than the practice I got in Betzina's class recently. All I've ever done is fold up a hem and topstitch. So I tried 2 methods on this muslin, neither of which worked well.
For the first one, I tried a method I learned from a Jalie top where you fold a strip in half, finish the edges with a zigzag or serger, apply to the right side of the garment with raw edges even, then fold inside and press. They did that with the neckline, but I tried it for the sleeve. Yeah, that didn't work too well.
It looked okay on the inside, but wasn't RTW-looking on the outside.
So I tried the official binding of the armhole. I think you fold the strip in 3rds and wrap it around the raw edge, but this is knit so I just sewed one raw edge to the armhole then wrapped higgledy-piggledy to the inside and "topstitched," hoping to catch it inside.
This is an example of very CRRRRRRRAPPY (that's with an Irish brogue) stitching! I was beyond caring when I did this, and the 3rd cable guy was tromping around in the attic, so I was in a hurry.
So I may actually investigate a binding maker - I think that's what it's called. I've got to go back to Katie's blog and check her binding method. Hers are always perfect.
Oh well, you can't win 'em all.