Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mad Cow for Lunch?

My mom and I met for lunch Monday. She suggested Olive Garden, Purple Cafe? I said let's go to Olive Garden - we haven't eaten there in a while.

I drive to the restaurant and walk in. She's not in the lobby, so I ask the hostess. She doesn't remember, so she says to walk around and look. I go off to the right behind the bar...nothing. I try the main dining room and walk all the way to the other side by the kitchen door - nothing. Enclosed area off to the side? Nothing. I go back to the lobby and call her.

Me: "Where are you?"
Her: "I'm sitting in...(can't hear her)."
Me: "Are you in your car?"
Her: "No, I'm just inside the Olive Garden."
Me: "I don't see you and I'm standing right here."
Her: "Olive Garden?"
Me: "Yes, Olive Garden!"
Her: "I'm at Olive Garden."
Me: "Yes, Olive Garden!"

Oh shit, I'm standing next to the hostess in O'Charley's.

6 comments:

RobbieK said...

That is hysterical!!!! Definitely Mad Cow.

Junior said...

BAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Amy Bailes said...

Oh my - that is just too funny.

Sheila said...

That is so funny... and know the feelng... ask me how I know...lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! And the cell phone added another layer.

Last week, I was at Sonic with a friend, having a somber conversation about the devastating effects of neurological disease on families, when I tried to insert a $20 into the credit card slot...and didn't realize I was doing anything wrong until she started laughing. feelin' yo pain--Amy Minchin

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world!

Mom