Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hope you all had a great Easter; we did. I actually did a little bit of sewing, too! This is the Silhouette Ann's Top (#115) muslin, which I didn't have enough fabric to put the sleeves in. I have a little problem with the armscye - I'm wondering if I need a little dart near the bottom front armscye toward the bust...


And what the heck is a French dart? The instructions don't say quite how to sew it, and I didn't take the time to Google it, so I winged it, but I think it needs to be deeper.


Obviously need a swayback adjustment...


I'm loving this so far, but I may make the cowl deeper like someone on PR did. And lookahere - I made a strawberry pie! (I was the only one to eat some today, can you believe that?)


And finally, we've had a harvest moon 2 nights in a row now - cool! (I realize the iPhone cannot adequately capture the miracle of a harvest moon, but I had to try.)


More later...we're having Spring Break with my sister's family this week. Two years ago that meant sewing tops, but the hubbies were both working, so we'll see what happens this year...

5 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Easter! And, I do like your top - very summery . . . I seem to remember something called a french dart. . . I'll have to look it up!

gwensews said...

I am sure that the fitting problems with that top are addressed in Peggy's webcasts, somewhere. You have a really good start. A French dart combines a waitline and bust dart.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I need to look it up - left all my books at home though. Can't wait to see your Marfy creations, by the way!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You're right Gwen, I remember a podcast about this....have to find that. I love this pattern!

Kitschy Coo said...

Can you link to the podcast pretty please? x