Friday, April 20, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

People, it is almost 4 AM and I've been awake since 1:15! I woke up thinking about whether I should make another top or start the cardigan. I don't have a single picture for you yet, but the first day with Sandra was FANTASTIC (Becky, we missed you!) and I almost finished my knit top. All I have left is hemming, but this is my first time using wooly nylon, so we'll how that goes. The top is gorgeous and I used the print from Chicago, so I still have the green bamboo knit to make a second top, or I could start the cardigan with the blue slinky knit. After checking some reviews of the cardigan on PR, I think that's what I'd better to do, since there was some confusion (consternation, actually) on the back neck facing and the ties.

And if you can't sleep either, check out this blog from a friend of mine who's doing the class too. (Prepare to feel inferior...and hungry.)

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

The Sandra workshop is so awesome! I fell asleep right away last night but woke up at 6 a.m., heart pounding with excitement to get back into the thick of things! I'm bringing another pattern and fabric. :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Deirdre, let me know if y'all post pics on the website - I'd love to link it!

Pam said...

When I'm up in the middle of the night - I'm reading blogs too! Sounds like you're in the middle of a sewing blitz - good for you!!!!

BeckyW said...

You are sweet to remember me. I missed seeing you and Sandra both. I wish that I could have come. The day of the class just slipped up on me. The All About Sewing ladies called me a while back to tell me about it. It just slipped my mind. It was Thursday (I think) when I read your post about going that I realized that it was this week.

I'll try harder to come next year. I have been sewing some lately though. I'm making my daughter a few things for an upcoming trip to D.C. She is pretty picky and does not like a lot of what is store-bought. She's a lot different than most 13 year olds!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh fun - I enjoyed sewing for my boys. I made several shorts and was so proud when they wore them. Girl stuff would be even more fun...