Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finishing Up With the Offensive Stuff

Well, while we're on indelicate subjects, I'll post some Lucas-isms. The other night we were watching TV before he went to bed and he, uh, passed gas. He then said very seriously, "Mom, I'm a little worried about my farting situation." I asked him what the "situation" was, and it turns out he just had a lot of gas that day, which disturbed him. Funny conversation. (This concludes all discussion of digestive issues.)

Then we were driving to karate on Tuesday and he said, "Mom, I'm going to start doing a diet."
Huh? I ask why.
"Well, my legs are a little chubby."
"Yeah? Chubby compared to whom? A skeleton?"
"No Mom! And when I look down, all I can see is my stomach - it's a little fat."
This from an 8-year-old boy. My word, where do they get this from? (Hey, does my left boob look crooked to you?)

And now I have to go recover from American Idol. They sent Chris Medina home, who's engaged to the woman suffering from a brain injury. J-Lo broke down after she told him they weren't putting him through, so they had to postpone the rest of the results till tomorrow night. Thank goodness - my eyes are already swelling and Lucas almost cried himself. Now what if my precious chubby teenager from Louisiana doesn't make it? Or the funny red-headed boy? Or Scotty with the low voice? (Baby lock them doors and.....you'll get it if you've been watching him from the beginning!) But my absolute favorite is the scruffy boy with the beard who scats and had the tuning thing at his first audition - love that guy!

Oh yeah - my brother decided that poop from the last post was werewolf poop and I shouldn't go in the back yard when there's a full moon - good idea.

2 comments:

Junior said...

That Lucas just tickles me! Pappy would love it! Actually caught that part of Idol last night....man that was tough.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

JLo is good.