Sunday, December 8, 2013

Florabama Yacht Club and Dress Progress

In between sewing on my dress, I did have to watch the SEC Championship (War Eagle!), so we stopped in the Florabama Yacht Club for a late lunch and were happy to get a front row table for one of their big screen hi-def TV's. It's kind of dwarfed by the water and beach view - too bad it was 45 degrees outside.


You have GOT to stop here if you're in the area - the food is fantastic (the chef of Eat! in Orange Beach is here now, I'm told), the service is friendly, and the atmosphere is awesome. Even though it was freezing outside, we were toasty warm with these very cool heaters around - can you see the huge flame inside it?


Oh, yeah, and I worked on my dress some more. I realized this stencil is of flowers, so I should pick a whole flower to bead probably, instead of just random shapes, so I'm giving that a shot. At this point it looks kind of inconsistent, but I think it'll get better.


4 comments:

Pam said...

I'll have to check the Florabama Yacht Club out! I've only been to the original which I am presuming is different. Great tip on food. I can't wait to see how your dress turns out.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

It's directly across the street behind the liquor store and the Waffle House - what more could you ask for?!

Ann Made Studio said...

Dress is looking good :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks, Ann!