Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Shopping in Boston

Well, this pic was on Sunday when we came back from the Harvard Museum of Natural History and were looking for the dim sum place. Dean didn't even realize he walked right by the very fabric store I was looking for, but it was closed on Sundays in the summer, so I had to go back yesterday after our Duck Tour (you know, where you ride around in the amphibious vehicle and plunge into the Charles River for more tour - great to see the sights). Lucas saw me whip out the phone for a pic and thought he had to pose yet again in the heat, but he was relieved that I didn't need to stop everybody for this one.


And this is the fabric I bought for $2.98/yard. It's a tiny corduroy and I initially thought skirt, but I got 2 yards and today I'm thinking pants, but that would be outrageous! Is tiny corduroy okay for a dress when it gets cooler?


I thought it was interesting that only the suiting was on a bolt. Most of the other fabric is on hangers.

These stripes drove me wild, but I already have material for pajamas, so I passed.

And here is what the boys purchased yesterday - hats! Drew is really into fedoras, so we found Goorin Brothers on Newbury Street, who happened to be having a 50% summer sale. You can't argue with a $20 fedora. Or a bicycle hat, which I believe is what the salesman called what Lucas picked out. That kid's a nut...

And to top off the celebrity sightings in Boston - remember we saw David Spade and Adam Sandler in the North End - we were on an elevator with none other than SHAQ! That man is gigantic - I was standing next to him and felt like I was walking next to Godzilla. We looked up his stats because he just didn't seem to be of normal human proportions, and he's 7'1 and weighs 325 lbs! I was nowhere near his shoulder, and Lucas was close to his waist. He graciously posed for a pic with another family on the elevator, so we got scooped, but he was very nice to even get on the elevator with us in the first place (he had to duck).

And now back to humdrum Mobile, where there are never any celebrity sightings. And school is starting next week - yikes! Maybe tomorrow I'll show you the knitting I did on the plane - a scarf is in the works....

4 comments:

Junior said...

Love the hats!

Rachelle said...

What a great shop! You scored on that fabric. What a bargain.

RobbieK said...

I think that would be terrific pants! A black top would make it a more "sober".

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You're right, now to find just the right pattern...