Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Bunting - Done!

Well, I cut out the bunting one night in about 20 minutes (including tracing a smaller size, because it's Kwik Sew), and sewed this up in one hour flat. Oh, add 10 minutes to attempt ripping out this cuff that I sewed to the wrong side. And you can't rip overcast stitching in fleece, so I had to cut the seam and re-sew it.

Here's the finished product in very bad sunlight, with another little outfit I made for Lucas when he was a baby. That was back when you could buy ribbing in stores.

Here's a close-up of said ribbing, along with my poor stitching. I didn't have a serger and apparently was fond of a wide zigzag.

Now this neck ribbing was purchased at Hancock's and made from a "ribbed collar for RTW" shirts that is meant to replace a collar on a shirt. It's sold as one piece and is kind of stiff, but I put the pattern piece on it and cut this out. So $5 for that. The cuffs are "ribbed cuffs for RTW" shirts that I cut down to the right length - about $5 for that too. What gives? Even the store in Boston didn't have ribbing. Are you supposed to just buy a ribbed knit in white? Go online? Ridiculous, but I made it work.


So this pattern was EASY and I think I'll make another one a little larger in a heavier fleece for winter. This is gonna be a warm little baby in Pennsylvania! (Better get online and order some ribbing now...)

Next up....yoga capris - Silhouette style! (Because I've now done 4 Pure Barre classes - these thighs are getting TIGHT...on the inside, that is....they're still quite doughy on the outside.)

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Very cute and nice and warm.

Sheila said...

Awww the bunting is so cute. I have wanted to make one several times, but the construction frightened the hell out of me. Now my nieces/nephews are past the bunting stage.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks Rachelle.

Sheila, give me a break! The construction frightened you, but you're making all these wrap dresses and PANTS - you crack me up!