Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Weekend

I went in Joann's yesterday to look for an interesting button for the bathrobey cardigan, and this is what I came up with. A square button that may not work at all, and a metal frog closure that may be too heavy for the ribbon. That prompted me to look at stabilizers, etc., and I bought a tube of Solvy and another package of stiff something-or-other that you use to stabilize buttonholes. We'll see what happens!



The coolest thing was that when I was checking out, Becky appeared! She was in the Betzina class last year, and she shared some excellent tips on interfacing, etc. It's the first time I've run into somebody I know in the fabric store - neat!

I'm planning a quiet Mother's Day weekend of card games and possibly going to see Dark Shadows (Johnny Depp's new movie - I thought the previews were hilarious, but my sister saw a bad review...hmmmm) with the kids and my mom, since Dean is on call, and I'll get a pic of my MIL with her new scarf if she'll let me. Hope your weekend is great!

4 comments:

RobbieK said...

I have an orange blouse with those square buttons on it! Happy Mother's day.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Cool! I'm assuming a standard buttonhole will work - let me know if different.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. They would both look gorgeous.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks - hope to get it done this week...