Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gainfully employed M looking for Older F


We were eating dinner last night and I asked Lucas if he has a girlfriend. He said, "yes," so I guessed it was one of the girls in his class last year, and he said, "you know her, but she's 14." So of course I knew it was Amy (our friend's daughter of bowling and bass guitar fame), and Lucas said his friend John keeps teasing him about her. He told John she doesn't live around here, because apparently John thinks he knows her. Lucas is trying to teach him about long-distance relationships with older women, I guess.

Then he says he has a crush on a girl in his class but she doesn't know it. When Dean asked him about her, he said, "I think I'll just......uh, use her in college."
EXCUSE ME?! We said, "Use her for what?"
He said, "You know, M-E-R-G!"
"Merge?"
"No, M-E-R-I-G."
"OHHHHH, marriage!"
Big smile and wink.

He's out in the front yard right now selling "FUNY SUPPLIES" which consist of 2 stuffed toys, 3 copies of the cow poem Drew taught him (Birdy, birdy flying by, dropping bird poop in my eye, I just sit here. I don't cry. Gee I'm glad that cows don't fly.") and assorted trinkets. This young entrepreneur will make some woman an excellent husband one day. sniff, sniff

No comments: