Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Bad Mother

Oh, but I'm not always a good mother. Lucas has been packing his own snack in the lunch box since we're pushing self-sufficiency, but I looked in there last week and found a napkin where he wrote "Lucas I love you, Mom" with a drawing of me. My heart fell - my poor baby was forging sweet notes from his mother to keep up with his classmates, I guess.

I immediately turned the napkin over and kissed it with a mouthful of lipstick (we were going out - I don't normally have that much lipstick on!) then drew the rest of the face and wrote "Hugs and kisses! Love, Mom" Hope that made up for it. He's still got the same napkin in his lunch box a week later, so he must like it. (He also prefers to wipe his hands and mouth on shirt fabric, so that's why the napkin's lasted this long.)

1 comment:

Junior said...

Oh, that is priceless! Precious baby!