Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Asheville, Anyone?

So this Friday I'm flying to Asheville, NC, for my yearly college roommate reunion. We started out rotating to each others' houses every year and taking new babies as they came along (one year there were 3 babies, all within a few months of each other - what the hell were we thinking?), then we got older and smarter and started going more for destinations without children. The year we turned 40, we added an extra weekend in New York City and ate at two Bobby Flay restaurants - yum! Here's one of the earlier years at Amelia's lake house - we were missing Durema and Leigh. (Tidbit - this is my natural hair color - not too bad - why did I start all this wretched highlighting? Oh yeah, Drew said he didn't know why I called myself a blonde when my hair was brown...ouch.)


Just to be an equal opportunity photo poster, here are Durema and Leigh at my beach house a couple of years ago...or was it 3 years ago? Oooh, and that pink top was the first thing I ever reviewed on Pattern Review!


So back to the story. Does anyone have knowledge of great fabric or knitting shops in Asheville? We're staying in a cabin and touring the downtown area, and I found a couple of yarn places, but maybe someone from NC can give me some advice.

We're also drinking wine and hanging out in our hot tub, but you can see we don't need no advice 'bout that!


Oh, wait, I found one from the beach of all of us - that was 4 years ago! Where does this time go?


Okay, back to my knitting...or my Natalie Chanin Craftsy class - almost finished with it!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Have fun in Asheville! I've always wanted to go and spend some time there!!

Ann Made Studio said...

Sounds fun!
How do you like the class? I love their clothing.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Ooh, I love the class! I finished watching all of them last night. It's a lot of hand-stitching, which I rarely do, so I got a ton out of it. I'm not crazy about the Vogue coat that goes with it, but I've cut out a T-shirt from her book to stitch together tomorrow. This'll be the first step towards a Mardi Gras dress, hopefully! Have you done a Craftsy class? I love them!

Anonymous said...

The Biltmore House is in Ashville, I believe. Waechter's Fine Fabrics is also in Ashville and from what I"ve heard is definitely worth a trip. I don't know about yarn shops, but it seems like that kind of town.

Have a blast!!!

Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks - I'll look it up!