Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Knitting Ideas

Well here's the beginnings of the shrug in the blue Berroco cotton meshy yarn my mom gave me for my birthday. In person, it looks kind of ribbon-ish - very cool! I finished the back but haven't started the sleeves or fronts yet.


And this is what I bought at the same yarn shop in Opelika:


The owner weaves and has several looms in the back where she's working on projects. (It didn't occur to me that I should've taken pictures of the shop until we were already back at the sewage spill...I mean the lake house.) It's an awesome store if you're ever in the area. She took her iPad and pulled up a pattern to show me, then emailed it to me right then - how cool is that?! This is what I have in mind - it's a T-shirt from Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for All Seasons ("Daniele Did This One").


This also caught my eye - it's from Knitting Simple Jackets by Marilyn Saitz Cohen - checked it out from the library. Tons of projects in that one.


I also checked out Knitting in the Sun by Kristi Porter from the library. And yes, I most certainly am going to make this....if I can find the yarn.


You may feel like Wonder Woman when you sew your own bathing suit, but you're not there yet until you KNIT one! (I pity the people swimming with me that day...)

No comments: