Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Online Class

Okay, I am kicking my mojo in the butt by signing up for a sewing class at PR. It's Clone Your Own Garment by Kenneth King, and it starts...today! So thankful for Ely's, because I went to Hancock Sunday night and they don't carry silk organza, which you need to do the class. I went by Ely's Fabric Warehouse today and snagged some. Did you know that stuff is $14 a yard?! Good thing this doesn't take much.

I was checking out when I noticed another room I've never seen before kind of behind the area where they all sit. Well, it's 3 rooms, in addition to the other 3 or 4 off to the side. You have to go through the breakroom, where rick-rack is next to snacks...


And this is the cutest home decor fabric back here - why don't they put this up front?


Did you say you needed toile?


So anyway, off to a potluck dinner and Court of Honor for the Boy Scouts, but I'll post more later about my baby-stepping jeans and the class. Hey, by the way, have you ever cooked something at 450 degrees for 45 minutes...that was supposed to be at 350 degrees? Was it still edible? This corn casserole has a nicely browned top, but the sides and bottom are toast, I'm afraid. Dang Mad Cow!

1 comment:

Junior said...

I'm drooling over all that toile!