Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taking a Second for Blogging...

Okay, so I'm 2 lectures down and 3 to go, but they're spread out over the next couple of weeks so I can take a breather. And I'm one den meeting down and a pack meeting to go, but there's always planning that next den meeting. I'm also taking an exercise break. (I don't think walking on the treadmill two weeks in a row qualifies as a habit I'm taking a "break" from, but I'm sticking with my terminology.)

So instead of exercising while Lucas was at karate, I hit Hancock's giant 53% off sale to finally commit to some fleece for that Kwik Sew jacket. The fleece WAS $9.99/yard and up, but I got this red stuff for $4/yard!



And I finally committed to a waterproof overlay, so we'll see how this charcoal-ish stuff goes with the red (it was $4/yard too). I'm considering this my muslin and will send it to my sister for comments. If she likes it, she keeps it and I'll make myself another one. If she no-likey, she no-keepy and can send it back to me without guilt so I can make whatever adjustments are needed. I really can't picture how this will look, so I may be ripping the overlay off and just wearing a plain jacket - we'll see.



We did manage to get in a bit of this last weekend - that's Lucas standing up on the tube and not flying off.



And this is Lucas on Drew's back, but Drew never got up on all 4's for the picture I was planning.



What I was aiming for was something worthy of Cypress Gardens (thanks to RoadsideAmerica.com for the pic), but you can only do so much on a tube.



And doesn't this make you wonder if there were any deaths at Cypress Gardens training camp? How could you fall from this pyramid and not be killed instantly? I guess if you fell backwards. Random morbid thoughts...

6 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

I think the charcoal and red will work well together! Well impressed with the tubing trick s :)

sewistafashionista said...

Sending your wearable muslins off to someone else - what a good idea. I am already tabulating how many of my cousins are about the same size as myself. I haven't sewn waterproof fabric before and I'm interested in how that goes.

You sound super busy. Hope whirlwind quiets down soon.

KID, MD said...

I love sewing fleece! It's so fun! Enjoy your jacket.

Junior said...

Well the fabric looks good in the picture!

BB said...

I think you really need your boys, their cousins and three tubes to pull off a Cypress Gardens deal.

Maybe next year...

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yes, BB, cousins on tubes! This could actually work!