Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm Not Dead...in case you were wondering...

Shout-out to my man Richard B - follower #35! He's my sister's brother-in-law or my brother-in-law's brother, so what does that make him to me...my brother-in-law-in-law? My brother-in-law once removed? I have no idea, but welcome Richard! It's not all sewing - if you skim through the sewing stuff you'll find the comedy (in some cases, the sewing IS the comedy).

So I've been too busy to sew lately. There was Labor Day weekend...count the kids on this dock:



Did you count 5? Now multiply that by sharp hooks, a crazy dog who wants to eat everything ON a sharp hook, and too much caffeine - are you getting nervous yet? (We haven't even discussed margaritas for the adults.) But look at the smile on this face!



And this face...(hmmm, is that a smile?)



Then I came back to reality and faced an impending (really, doesn't "upcoming" sound more positive and less full of doom?) Cub Scout meeting as Assistant Den Leader and Popcorn Kernel, plus 3 lectures with their attendant paperwork and preparation, and you see why I haven't had time to catch up on my blog-reading and writing. Oh, and then THIS came in the mail! I've got some reading to do tonight!

So, I will eventually get back to it, but I'll leave you with this spectacular crash. This is Drew doing what he loves best, but just close your eyes till the last 10 seconds of the clip, or else you'll be seasick and get a migraine. Why don't you just go ahead and fast-forward to the very end, then you can run it back in slo-mo and marvel that he only complained of stomach pain and not 2 broken arms. And the stomach pain resolved after 5 minutes, so we've ruled out internal bleeding...I'm pretty sure.

5 comments:

Junior said...

Nice flip! Glad he's okay!

Kitschy Coo said...

Haha, I remember wipe outs like this from when I was a kid!

sewistafashionista said...

I'm glad your son is okay. That flip looked scary.

I remember the first time my husband handed me a fish to take off the line. It kept looking at me. His expression sums up the feeling that fish are kind of . . . icky. At least before they have been breaded and pan-fried.

gwensews said...

Good thing kids are resilient! Thinking about all those fish hooks and wondering how many you had to cut out of little fingers!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Sewista - LOL!

Luckily nobody got hooked, because that's one procedure I've never had to do so I don't think it would go well.