Saturday, July 25, 2009

What the Heck is THIS???



Drew found this in the back of his closet and pulled it out in a fit of boredom. I showed him where the power cord was hidden in the back and how to turn it on - gasp! Magic! One piece of paper has now provided about 20 minutes of entertainment for both boys, despite the fact that the typewriter is on its last legs and the ink cartridge is half empty. It also won't backspace or self-correct, but the RETURN button is so fun!

They asked, "doesn't it automatically go ding and shoot back in the other direction?" Apparently I've exposed them to enough old 70's shows that a typewriter rings a bell....oh look, I made a pun! They're taking turns right now typing across till the ding and watching it fly when they hit return. Drew asked if they still sold cartridges for it - I bet only on Ebay. It's actually 25 years old, and I think it may have been a birthday present or something - a fabulous new electronic typewriter! What 17-year-old wouldn't love to get this on her birthday? (You didn't think I was a NERD did you?)

1 comment:

Junior said...

I remember that typewriter!!