Monday, July 20, 2009

My New Shirt




This is what I did while the boys were out of town and I had to work this weekend - I made a modern, fashionable, non-granny shirt! It took a long time to find a pattern that was up-to-date and not just all about pockets and collars. I could only find this one fabric that looked 2009 - everything else was animal skin prints (nothing screams Cougar like animal prints). I started Saturday night and finished Sunday afternoon. Dean announced we'd go out to eat, so I hurried to hem it and wear it to dinner.

When he saw it, he declared that I belonged in a pool hall with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth (oh, that sounds fun, but what will we do with the kids?). Drew declared it "awesome" and said he liked how the tie-dye stripes were going diagonally (it's all about cutting on the bias, baby), because if they were going horizontally they'd make me look fat.....he learned how to give compliments from his father, apparently.

Anyway, I'm proud of it, and please notice the somewhat decorative hem, which I think in this case makes it look more store-bought, though the boys said it definitely looks home-made. Can't catch a break in this joint!

6 comments:

BB said...

The new shirt rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Think the blouse is lovely...........good color for you.

Junior said...

I think it looks wonderful! Pool hall....where do they come up with that stuff?!

Junior said...

Now I've not seen you wear that eyeliner before....is that new?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

What??? That's the eyeliner stick I got from Victoria's Secret in 2002 with a gift certificate after Lucas was born! Are you kidding about me looking like a ho?

Junior said...

No, it looks very pretty