Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flirty Girl, here I come!

Okay, so the treadmill didn't work out. I did it for about 3 weeks or so, and just haven't had the will to get back on. I need really fast results on these hips and belly and the treadmill's gonna take SO LONG. (P.S. if you're a male, just keep movin' on to your next website....show's over....nothin' to see here.)

So last night during SNL a commercial came on for Flirty Girl Fitness. That's where I'm headed. It's ho-dancin' down low so of course you get fast results right where I need it. You can even order a real pole to install - you thought I was kidding with the "ho" bit? It's only $1 according to the ad. Of course, the small print on the website mentions that shipping and handling is $19.23 and then there are 3 more easy payments of $29 or something like that. Damned expensive pole! That price does NOT include the handyman to put it up.

I'll keep you updated as to my progress - once I get the DVD's in 2-3 weeks. Oh, and they DO come with a pink feather boa to get you motivated! We shall see.....

6 comments:

Junior said...

is that the one that feature Latin booty-shakin' dancing? I saw an infomercial for something like that. It bordered on obscene!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I guess - the sisters look Hispanic. The reviews did mention that you didn't want your kids or anybody else watching you do this!

Unknown said...

Ok...google ZUMBA. I did it last week at the Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center. I was a little scared to go in at first but once I got over my anxiety about spazzing out in front of strangers, it was FUN!!! And they weren't any more coordinated than me which made it very entertaining. In fact...my stomach muscles got a good workout from laughing. AND THE OLD PEOPLE...let me tell you...they can kick butt at some ZUMBA!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yowza! I saw a youtube video of a class - the hip thrusting was quite vigorous. Sounds like the Wellness Center is getting a kickback from the orthopedic surgeons who'll be doing all those hip replacements!

Unknown said...

I went to zumba today for the 3rd time. This would SO be down your alley! It's a public version of Flirty girl!!!! There are two different teachers. One is really fun and really good. The other one is like a DRILL SEARGANT and she is NOT FUN! She made us do push ups and sit ups after 50 minutes of bootie shaking. I was already walking around on noodle legs. I didn't need MORE! But it's all good. I think you should do a Zumba search for a place near you. Just try it. I know you'll love it!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I will look and see, but I need something for home - maybe a zumba video?? I DID watch Twilight with the boys while doing abs/leg work on the big bouncy ball thing. Drew told Dean I only did it for 5 minutes (more like 10!), but you know, it was TWILIGHT! (which wasn't as good as the book)