Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yale Club Fun

Did somebody famous just get married at the Yale Club? Quick, somebody google that! My meeting was at the Yale Club, across the street from Grand Central and apparently where you go work out then spend the night if you're a Yale alumnus with no friends in New York. I was going back to the hotel Saturday during a break and was on the elevator when a lovely bride with a fancy-schmancy dress and her handsome groom got on with me. Of course she got out first in the lobby and headed for the front door, and of course I was behind her because I was leaving too, so when the photographers and video cameramen started recording I was probably in the picture.

Because there were paparazzi, people! (Okay, 2 cameramen and 3 photographers only qualify as paparazzinni I guess.) I looked at them really hard but didn't recognize them, so maybe they were just models on a shoot, but there was a mighty big party there later that night, so something was definitely up. Of course, maybe the paparazzini were there for moi, lithe and nimble, able to go to the knees in a split second with nary a flinch, then rise to towering height with the force of one quadricep alone....stumbling just a bit as said quadricep rarely gets used.

(Who remembers the Looney Tunes where Daffy Duck as Robin Hood is merrily tripping...tripping...TRIPPING along? It's really funny in my head.)

3 comments:

Junior said...

Yes, we have that episode on video (of Daffy Duck, not you tripping in NYC). Hmmmm...that's interesting about the bride & groom. Haven't seen anything in the entertainment news.

BB said...

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, BUT, the New York Post ran a story today that the members of the Yale Club are in a snit (yep, it said snit) about low class folks from the Bronx taking over the Club for weddings. Perhaps the photographers were there to see what low class Bronx types wear at their weddings these days.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh no! Could I have been mistaken for a low class Bronc since I was wearing pants near a bride?! I'm so ashamed!

Sister - bring that video to the beach if you have it - it's one of my favorites!