Monday, October 13, 2008

Purpose of a Bra, Part 2



THIS is actually the purpose of a bra in my book (or on my chest). Forget all that lift and separate crap, or that support nonsense. My bra creates and projects! And by that, I mean it creates the illusion of brestesses and projects the notion that I am indeed a woman and not just a very cute man.

I have to thank Victoria's Secret for this wonder of science. So much cheaper than a breast augmentation, and virtually pain-free, the only drawback is that they do come off at night, and sometimes I have to ask, "Has anybody seen my boobs? I laid them right here!" But I simply look for the most voluptuous piece of clothing in the laundry hamper and there they are!

Lucas has even put my bra on and declared that he had boobs, but I'm pretty sure all teenagers do that at some point.....oh, he's 6 - just seeing if you were paying attention!

Now, this last picture is what can go wrong with fake boobage. I walked out of a patient's room several years ago and looked down to discover that my stethoscope had landed between my bra and myself when I put it around my neck! I'm hoping the family just thought that I had a creative place to store my stethoscope, a shelf if you will; a stethoscope cozy, as it were. That was near the beginning of my journey on the road to full-figured womanhood, and lessons had to be learned. Ah, but those are stories for another day....

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Hi, just got a link to your blog via PR. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. My 5yo daughter told my sister the other day that she had BIG boobies and mum has tiny boobs. Ahh, kids, gotta love 'em!

Rhoto said...

My "best friend", upon trying on a Fredericks of Hollywood bra, smiled BIG and said, "Rhonda, you may have mountains, but I now have hills!!"
TOTALLY changed her self-image, style, everything!! ;)
You're a HOOTje!!
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by - I knew I wasn't alone in my situation!