Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013!

Hope all you mothers had a great one too! My wonderful husband cooked a delicious breakfast with a plethora of breakfast meats, and the kids gave me some nice gifts. Drew presented me with a Hancock gift card, with which I purchased these 2 patterns on sale. (Now don't judge, I was just looking for long shorts with pockets for Japan.)


Honestly, I really wanted a bias tape maker, but who knew that dang thing cost over $100?! That's the Simplicity model that irons it for you, but it only makes a single fold, and I want a double fold one so I can do more of this:


That's the Colette Sorbetto neckline, and I cut this bias binding myself. Please ignore the little wrinkles, as I didn't press it yet. I would've done the armholes too, but I lost my energy, thus the need for a cute gadget to facilitate my bindings. I seriously want to do all my necklines like this now! I saved the rest of my gift card for a possible online purchase, but they don't seem to sell the Clover bias tape maker online either. Any of you ladies have suggestions on that front? Do you make them yourself? Is it worth $100 for one? Okay, moving on, Lucas made this for me.


He was worried it didn't have "enough pizzazz," so he threw a classic coupon in as well.


Wait, I just read that again. Does that mean he's going to do a pencil drawing of my feet? That crazy kid...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are stylin'!!!

Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Now tell me what you know about bias tape makers, and are we still on for lunch Monday?