Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh, I am just giving you a heads up that tomorrow is going to be exciting! Not only did I stage a Cub Scout popcorn "show and sell" from 8-12 today (which means you show up at the local grocery with 11 cases of popcorn, a cooler of water, 2 tables, and some signs, then stand for 4 hours making conversation with strangers and telling the rowdy children to stop playing their DS's and no rough-housing or you'll call their mother!), but I also FINISHED my plaid pants muslin (I am SO going to wear this muslin)! And by "finish," I don't mean my usual "finish," which is done except for hemming and closures, I mean "finish" as in I did a blind hem and sewed in hook and eye!

 Yes, I hemmed these pants by myself in the new full-length mirror I purchased at Al's 5 and 10 to go in the sewing room. I also bought a large hand-held mirror just like Pati Palmer told me to in the pants-fitting DVD. (My mother is in Auburn cheering the win over Mississippi State and the fact that she may not have to hem any more pants for me.)

Anyway, I took a few pictures, but given the wine I drank to give me the courage to hem pants by myself (I even took pics for a blind hem tutorial - eek!), I'll hold off on further pictures till tomorrow. I may wear these suckers to Sunday school tomorrow! Anyway, just so deliriously happy with my accomplishment tonight - hopefully I won't find in the morning that everything is caddy-wompus....or however you spell that. Till tomorrow...

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah!! I'm just happy your sewing mojo is BACKKKKKKK! Hurray! Congrats and I can't wait to see the result. War Eagle!

Sheila said...

Glad your sewing mojo is back and looking forward to your pants.