Monday, April 27, 2009

Flirty Girl is BACK!

Update - a 2nd installment of Flirty Girl fitness props came in the mail. This time it was 2 pink rubber balls filled with sand - 2.5 lbs. each I guess. (Much too large to sit comfortably in my bra, sadly.) One CD was more chair dance toning, but the other was upper body workout. (Ohhhh - THAT's what the pink balls are for!) So I gave it a spin last night - only for about 10 minutes, mind you. I did some biceps/triceps curls and something where you bend sideways and PULL yourself back up. Didn't feel too much at the time, but REVELATION - my WAIST is sore tonight!

Now has your WAIST ever been sore? Mine has not, and I did Pilates for a while several years ago. Picture twisting to look around, or just bending over a little bit, and it absolutely bites on your side right above your hipbone. HOORAY! Now I can believe those testimonials that women lost pounds and inches - if this happened after a mere 10 minutes, imagine what 30 minutes a day for a month could accomplish!

And I do mean imagine, because you know how consistent I was with the treadmill, right?

4 comments:

Junior said...

You'll love those weighted balls! I have one too! Lots of different exercises to do with those.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what to comment on the above post.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Yes, "weighted balls" brings to mind a very painful condition. I did about 30 more minutes of the DVD tonight - yay for me! And I found out I can't even do 1 freakin' pushup.

Junior said...

I have to do "wall push-ups"....then gravity is not such an issue! Are you doing some of the video each night?