Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Couple of Questions Answered

1) BOW is rockin'! (Becoming an Outdoor Woman - check it out on outdooralabama.com or something like that.) You can skin a deer then go enjoy cocktails with your cabinmates....and karaoke....but only after lots of cocktails! My sister-in-law introduced me to it (shout out, Elizabeth!) and now we have a contingent from down here as well as friends we've made from all over the state. They have one in every state, by the way.

2) I didn't scare anybody at Halloween, they just weren't sure if their doctor was a man or a woman. We did have to move a little boy out of the Pirate room because he got scared (lots of knives and fat bellies hanging over pants, you get the picture). And I did have to take my sword away from another little boy who was fixing to put my eye out. (I really hate spanking the patients, but that's what the belt is for!)

3) Betty Gillum would most assuredly NOT be proud of me! Although my neighbor's child asked who was REALLY playing the piano, like it sounded good!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I might enjoy learning to shoot a bow or a shotgun, or maybe even baiting my own hook but if I have to gut a deer or even a fish, I would hurl. Maybe BOW isn't for me. ;)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, you don't have to - they just got lucky that day and found roadkill to practice on. I did dress a fish by choice - not too bad. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Hell, you can lie in bed reading a book all day if you want - one lady did when she realized the outdoors was not for her!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I forgot - there are also arts and crafts. You can make a pine needle basket or do some scrapbooking, etc. What fun!?