Saturday, January 23, 2016

Now Commencing Shoe Flog...I Mean Blog

I have to say a word about John Fluevog shoes.


I stumbled across the store in New Orleans last weekend (just a block from the knitting store - how convenient!) and almost took a bunch of pictures inside because of the crazy shoe eye candy. I actually tried on 2 pairs of shoes, that sadly didn't come in my exact size, but the lady told me to call her next time I knew I was coming to town and she'd hold anything I liked for 24 hours. What?! I took a card and went online, and what a quirky website! So if you've seen the music video for Groove is in the Heart, Lady Miss Keir is wearing Fluevogs, and apparently Madonna wore them back in the 90's, etc. Now these things are expensive, but I found the sale page and ordered a pair for half-price. Behold the pointy yet boxy beauty:


Please forgive the blue socks, I just had to put these on right away. People, that is velvet piping, and it makes a velvet ribbon that you tie!


They even have a saying etched on the bottom, "Take time, be whole, be free." So hippy.


Every email they sent me about confirmation, shipping, etc., said stuff like, "We want to thank you for your awesomeness. You're good-looking!" The box they came in said the usual stuff about being recyclable, then said "Other uses for this box include chinchilla house, arts & crafts, and very temporary fish bowl." It included 2 postcards with the Fluevog icon and a little paragraph about the history of the company with the last line being, "No, YOU'RE weird!" (Because their shoes and website are very weird...get it?) And they even included a canvas shoe bag to store the shoes and 3 pieces of flair to wear on your clothes! I am definitely looking for another pair next time I'm in New Orleans...

2 comments:

BeckyW said...

Those shoes look so fun!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks, Becky - haven't worn them yet....other than walking around the house because they sound like tap shoes! Plan to wear them to work this week....