Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mesh Sweater Progress?

Weelllllll....I was deliriously happy to have finished the second sleeve of my mesh sweater (I paid for this pattern - only one I've ever bought) after SO many restarts because I'd lose track of the lace pattern. I was also happy because this mesh looked uniform, and the first sleeve was just pitifully uneven. So I held it up to admire it....and realized there was a problem. Can you see it?


I also noticed that one cuff rolled out and the other rolled in...


I very calmly realized that I apparently knit one sleeve inside out. Now they're done on circular needles, and I guess I should've paid closer attention to how I was holding the sweater when I started. Oh well, I think I'll go ahead with the body, then go back and redo that sleeve afterwards. And I'll be sure to leave a note on Ravelry warning other knitters to be careful. I have a feeling I may be working on this during the upcoming 3rd annual GCGSW, which is in 2.5 short weeks! Hey, what are you GCGSW'ers planning on working on?

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love it -- beautiful -- and you can always reknit!! I do pay for patterns occasionally and am ok with it!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks, Pam. I think it'll be pretty when I'm finished, but that sleeve nearly killed me!

Anonymous said...

I would have cried!!! I think I"m going to get yall to help me fit a new T-shirt pattern. My old ones are all too big now. A nice problem to have.


Robbie

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Excellent - and congratulations on the smaller size!!!!