Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Dress Update

Continuing with the excruciating details, here's how stretched out the front neckline was because I didn't stabilize it first.
I used Sandra Betzina's tip for using the selvage as a stabilizer, but I got a little carried away with it on the back.
And I decided to add an inch above current bodice to help cover that left boob that doesn't have a shoulder strap, so I re-drew the pattern and took the bodice lining apart (yes, I had to remove boning and redo it - yay me) as well. That was a couple of hours last night.
So here's a very rough estimate of what I had today. I just sewed the real bodice (with handstitched underlining) to the lining with boning and turned it inside out to see if I was anywhere close. This is NOT trimmed, pressed, or anything.
I might actually pull this off!
Uh, well, after working out some issues. I NEVER get a bodice and lining to match up on the first try...EVER. And don't even get me started on sewing the final shoulder seam. The instructions are screwed up again, and I just got back from my mother's house, where we figured out the boo-boo there. That'll wait for tomorrow.
For now, let's enjoy the one perfectly-matched seam I made - I mean PERFECT (though un-ironed)!
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

susiehomemakermd.com said...

It's looking good! Glad the selvedge trick worked for you. And you did a great job matching up your design!!!

Sister said...

Thanks for your help, and you were my inspiration to hand-pick the zipper!