Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pure Homemade Barre

Just a quick gloat before I head to Pure Barre then work on the dress. I wore this to PB Friday - my homemade shirt, leggings, and my knitted shrug. When I walked in, the receptionist (same one who liked my shrug a few months ago) said, "Whoa - cool leggings! Where'd you get those?" I said, "Oh, thank you! I made them." She said, "You did NOT. How would you MAKE cool leggings like that?" I said, "Well, you buy cool fabric at Hancock's, then you sew them up." She said, "Oh, so you used a sewing machine? Cool!"
I'm not sure how else I would've made them...maybe people think sewing machines are only for making homemade dresses and stuff. And speaking of homemade dresses, I've checked the fit of the bodice pattern with my muslin, which is a geometric print, and it doesn't look bad, so I'm going ahead with the real stuff once I check the skirt fit. Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

gwensews said...

See-your workout wear is successful!

Pam said...

I love the shrug too! The leggings looks really fantastic - great job - I need some for cycling - I may have to take your lead and make a pair!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Sewing workout wear is awesome - you totally need some of these Pam, and you have all that technical fabric that would make these great...