Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Got Lucas's Jacket Going...

I have actually almost accomplished something. Almost...


Remember that Lucas picked out the fabric and color combinations himself. I tried to force a blue or green zipper on him, but relented and let him have red. It is very colorful. But one problem - that 22" sport zipper said in very small print "non-separating." Bastards!


I had to go rip this one out and go to the store, where I read every word written on the package to be sure I had the right one, but that put me behind schedule so I didn't get it totally finished last night. Just have to fix one cuff and topstitch. He still wanted to wear it to Scouts last night.

In fact, he asked if he could brag a little and tell people how cool his jacket was and that his mom made it. I said not to brag, and he said if anybody commented on his jacket, could he THEN come out and tell them I made it. God bless that child!

He also has the Elf on the Shelf going (I bowed to pressure after 2 years). After I put every stuffed animal in his room into a big box and staged it like Billy the Elf is reading to them, Lucas wondered if Billy dragged them there or if they all came alive at night like Billy. He's thinking about leaving a note for them and asking.

My child still believes in his mommy and magic stuffed animals! Pre-teen years are so awesome!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

The jacket looks great and like the pop of red.

Pam said...

I love it! Really wonderful! Great job!!

Junior said...

It does look awesome. That made me tear up.....I love that boy!

RobbieK said...

Good looking jacket! You have that pattern down. I just love a man that loves his mother.

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas!