MoooooOOOOOOO! The cow came to help me today, and it was MAD! I've been shocked and amazed that during the 3 months of constructing this dress, nothing major has gone wrong. I haven't cut through the fabric when trimming painted sections, and I haven't sewn an entire section together the wrong way like I did my AC shirt. Until today....but it was minor, thank goodness. Somehow, I didn't quite figure out front and back before I stitched the shoulder seams together. I mean, I THOUGHT I had front and back right, until I held the dress up. DOH - I sewed the right front shoulder to the left front shoulder, and same for the back. (Lost about 30 minutes doing that and fixing it - not a big deal...and I thought about leaving it to make a Halter dress - ha!)
I also have enjoyed beading the neck binding, to my surprise. It's a lot easier than I thought, kind of mindless work. Oops - beaded the wrong side apparently. I'll leave it for posterity, just like that other one at the bottom of the dress.
Oh, and I'll get back to the armholes, but I wanted to show you what I had in mind for the shoe. There aren't any strappy gunmetal gray shoes I like in Mobile, and this one at DSW wasn't available in my size, so I found a similar one at Zappo's.
That will arrive tomorrow, so hopefully the photo shoot will be posted by Tuesday, God willing and the creek don't rise!