Friday, January 17, 2014

Odds and Beads

My MIL said she saw this in a store and thought of me, so she gave it to me for Christmas - how cute! She'll keep an eye on my sewing room while I'm not there...or freak Dean out when he's on the treadmill.


And Bianca showed her beading glove, so I thought I'd show mine. I had great hopes of handstitching an Alabama Chanin official beading glove, but I was in a rush with this dress, so I recycled a ribbed cuff from an old outfit. It's more of a beading bandage, I suppose...


And the embroidery needles I tried (sizes 3-9) wouldn't fit through the beads either, so I'm using the tiniest unknown needle I found in a big red pack of needles Lucas got when he took a sewing class at school in the 3rd grade. It is half the length of the other needle I was using - yikes!


Onward and downward...

4 comments:

BeckyW said...

Wow!! All that work is unbelievable!

Pam said...

I can't wait to see the reveal. Little needles! Hard!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

This may continue into next year's Mardi Gras!

Bianca s said...

Sorry about your beading woes :(