Monday, September 10, 2012

Rockin' the Shrug

Woohoo - it fits! And I don't understand why there's nothing but sleeves!

It's like leg warmers for your arms, frankly. I'll be delighted to wear this in a theater or a cold restaurant, but my family may go under the table. Drew just doesn't like it. Lucas said it was awesome, but he thought it would have the "thing over the chest like old lady's wear." What I love: the cuffs, the majority of the stitching, the soft yarn.
What I don't love: the style, the center back seam, the loose stitches on the edges of the sleeves that I still have to tighten up so it doesn't look like there are holes next to the sleeve seams.

And I guess it's being over 40 now, but is this meant to wear with a sleeveless shirt? Otherwise I'm tucking my sleeves in so they don't bunch up. I'll ask my nurse who just turned 30 what you're supposed to wear this with exactly...ooh, I bet a tank top - that would be cute, right?

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute. A tank top would be perfect or a sleeveless t-shirt dress.

Andrea said...

Hello, thanks for your comment on my yoga pants. It got me thinking I should try them on again, as I have lost a couple sizes worth of weight since I made those. I don't typically wear long exercise pants in the Florida summer, but definitely do in our fall/winter.

Your knitting is great! I've recently been reteaching myself to knit - a great movie night activity!

Andrea said...

Oh, and I'd love to see a pic of your Golden Lab!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hey Andrea! If you click on the label Jake on the right side (web version) you can see his pics and videos. I think his nose is longer than your dog's, but otherwise they're dead ringers!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Good ideas Sheila! I didn't wear it to dinner - Dean thought it wasn't finished and said "you're NOT wearing that to dinner?".
Funny.

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? Now you're knitting?? Love your shrug :)

RobbieK said...

CUTE!!!

Pam said...

I absolutely love it! And, I'm so glad you're obsessed - fun! Yes, I need to get on it. I'm trying to take a class - I've started from scratch (and no one I know knits) so I'm kinda stuck as to how to do an actual project. . .silly I know! We have many classes in my local area.

I do love your shrug. Very much so - super good for biking too!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks people! Yea Pammie, I texted my mother a pic of the instructions when I finished the sleeve because it didn't say to bind off, it just went on to the body, and I didn't know what to do. There's more to a project than just the stitches - it helps to have an expert around!