Sunday, December 12, 2010

And One More Thing...

If you happen to receive one of our Christmas cards, let me explain a little. This is what we started with.



And with the wonder of Photoshop and Drew's computer skills, we ended up with this.



So no, I didn't let my kids swim in oil; and no, the dog isn't covered in oil; and no, the water didn't actually look like that. I'm not sure if it's funny, or tragic, or an environmental statement, but our sentiment was that we wish you a tarball-free Christmas. My neighbor's first reaction was, "Oh, it looks great...now how did you put the puppy dog in the picture?" I could tell by her face that she didn't get it, so I explained it and she burst out laughing. Then she showed it to her husband to see if he got it, and his first comment was, "The dog is covered in oil."

I don't think this one will be hanging on lots of mantels.

5 comments:

Pam said...

i love the post! That Christmas Card is hilarious!
What an artist:)

Junior said...

That Drew! Such a creative fella!

sewistafashionista said...

I didn't know you were so near the spill. How terrible! I am impressed with the photoshopping as I can crop and lighten (and ligthen is a little chancy.)

Sheila said...

Awesome Christmas card. Wishing you & yours Happy Holidays and a Beautiful New Year.

Ann Made Studio said...

Merry Christmas! and all the best in the New Year!

It was pretty neat to see Kyle :)
It brought tears,like watching a sad commercial, but in a kind a
good way :) if that makes sense..