Monday, January 6, 2020

Winter 2019 Catchup

So one of the funnest things I did was take Heidi's yarn-dying class at Mobile Yarn. This was a natural-colored "blank" that I painted with a squirt bottle of dye. Apparently if you do half in one color, you'll end up with stripes that are predominantly that color....I surmise.

We wrapped them in Saran wrap and took them home to steam them for a few minutes...

Then you rinse it I believe - the instructions are around here somewhere...and allow to dry

then commence to knitting!

And here's sock #1 - beautiful!!!


And at some point Dean got a wild hair to run the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon 10K in New Orleans, so I trained exactly 1.5 weeks or so...

and actually finished with a halfway decent time and no injuries. It's fun to run in New Orleans!

Bands playing every so often, which is apparently why it has that name.

Meanwhile, prior to an 8 AM 5K downtown I actually HAD trained for, we woke up to a fire alarm brought on by this water leak that flooded the fire alarm in the laundry room....and Drew's room. Hello, new pipes!!!

No comments: