I have a little bit of mojo going in light of the impending GCGSW, so I found this top lying on a pile of knit tops that didn't fit right and decided to save it. It previously had short sleeves which were too tight, and the armscye was biting into me in the back, but once I ripped off the sleeves, it sat better. Thus it became a tank.
Sad thing is, I have no idea what pattern I used for this. I held the Renfrew up to it, but it didn't match.
What a swayback - I look like I'm bending over backwards!
I couldn't find the remnants of fabric, so that precluded any nice bands. I just pressed under about 3/4" and stitched on the top of it. I didn't want to mess with the coverstitch all night, since I haven't perfected finishing seams yet, so I popped in my twin needle and was about 1" from finishing the hem when one of the needles broke - DOH!
Therefore, I popped in a single stretch needle and did a triple stretch stitch with one color, then the other color.
I'm happy to have salvaged something wearable, but I wish I knew what pattern it was, because I like the neckline. The hem is a little too snug.
Now I need to knit a black shrug so I can wear it to work!