Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let's Wrap It Up

I'll get off that cancer kick - sorry 'bout that! Just to reassure everybody that it was a double-edged sword, it was the worst thing I've ever been through and I felt like my life ended (the first half of it anyway), but those times with my family were some of the best ones we ever had. We got together more than we would have and we didn't sweat any small stuff. We actually looked forward to tests and doctor visits because we knew it meant a get-together.

I just remembered a funny thing from the time the hospice chaplain came to meet us at my dad's house. She asked if we could all pray together, so we're all sitting in the den listening to her pray (more of a discussion with God, it was going on for quite a while), and Drew (4 at the time) says, "Excuse me." She says, "Yes, sweetheart, did you want to add something?" Drew says, "No ma'am, I pooted."

With stuff like that happening, how can you not laugh and enjoy the moment?

2 comments:

Sheri Carter said...

Oh Lynn I did not know you had gone through so much. I loved reading this and I remember your dad what a cool guy. I am so sorry. Hey how is Scott now?

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Scott's doing great - he's just addicted to brain surgery! He's had 3 so far, but we're trying to get him to kick the habit. He's fine though.