Monday, March 8, 2010

Sewing Retreat Comes to a Close

Hello - what time is it? I got the mojo again while shopping for a movie and bought some more pants fabric ($24 for 2 pair of pants - unbelievable!), then came home and worked on another Burda shirt. Lucky thing I forgot to get a zipper or I'd be up there now putting that in!

Alright, it's a ridiculous fabric from fabric.com, but it was so cute and on sale so I got it. I'll wear it to the Ron White show, or at the beach sometime. This is another "pink ho shirt" that my husband will not like, but it's drapey, so I won't look as pregnant as the woven (see top left review currently).


Lucky thing I don't have to take anybody to school tomorrow and can sleep late! And this shall be known as my Oscar shirt since that's what was on TV. (Yeah, they didn't have 2012 so I got the Time-Traveler's Wife, which was an awesome book, but I didn't watch it yet. And it's not Nicholas Cage, it's John Cusack - even better!) I thought Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were awesome - loved the skit about Paranormal Activity that they re-enacted. And who can make a joke having anything to do with Precious, but they pulled it off.

Now I realize the front of the shirt looks like the back - there's no suggestion of boobage in that picture. (Hey, the dress form is so realistic!) But I think it really will be cute - I just need to go to bed now...

Ooh, and I just learned from looking at that picture that if I'd flipped the pattern piece around the stripes would match up exactly on the back, as opposed to mirror image...and I was so proud of myself for having browns match browns and pinks, pinks.

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Cute top! Worn with--brown pants? Or pink? No.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks! Yeah, I have some brown shorts & pants I was thinking about. I DID think about pink, but being 42 I didn't think I could pull it off! I made a pink skirt last year, but this top looks totally maternity on top of a skirt in my opinion.