Friday, March 26, 2010

I Love Me Some Sandra Betzina!


I'm heartbroken that this was the last day, and I didn't get there as early as I wanted because of work, and I had to leave early because we're going to the beach, but I had such a nice time anyway. Check out that zippered back pocket. I'll get more pics later because we're literally leaving in 10 minutes, but I was just so jazzed to have a picture with her. I spent a long time on that pocket and ripped out topstitching once, but I finished them both and now just have to waistband/yoke the jeans and baste them together to check fit.

Just to share how helpful she is, another lady spent a long time making a tunic top to wear with leggings, then thought she looked pregnant and didn't want darts or princess seams or anything Sandra came up with to make it look better. So Sandra went through all her patterns to see if there was any bodice she liked, and when there wasn't she went to the Kwik Sew patterns till they found something. She then measured her up and made adjustments to the pattern pieces before the woman left for the night. Now that's just wonderful. She also offered to help us fit any pattern we wanted, didn't have to be Vogue.

So, more pics Sunday night, and dammit I forgot to take my book to get her to sign it! Saaaaannnn-draaaaaaaa!!!!!

6 comments:

gwensews said...

Good for you!! I knew you would rock that class! I love that you're so excited!

KID, MD said...

So AWESOME! The zipper pocket looks great!

auntninn said...

The pocket is so cute and I bow to your topstiching.

Ann Made Studio said...

Great looking pocket! I look foward to seeing more pictures :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Thanks! I'm having withdrawal today and thinking I should've brought the machine with me. Now who wants to go to San Fran with me?!

Junior said...

Very impressive!