Monday, February 13, 2012

Ulta, I'm Yours!

I needed some new mascara and powder (did you know Neutrogena powder foundation has an expiration date?) so I ran into our new makeup store, Ulta. Do you have one of these? They sell makeup, hair supplies, skin stuff, everything - it's the size of a Books-a-Million. They were having a free gift thing if you bought $17.50 of their brand of makeup, and I was in one of those moods. You know, that "just came off 9 days of call and finished putting together a big Grand Rounds lecture for tomorrow and you need to splurge on something you NEVER buy" mood - you know that one, right? So I bought $18 of Ulta stuff with my usual Neutrogena powder and look what I got:



This rang up as $88 for free, but they may have jacked the price just to make you think you were getting a great deal. But DUDE, I got a lipstick, 2 lip glosses, mascara, blush, 8 eyeshadows, 3 makeup brushes, 4 eye liner pencils...it's just mind-boggling! And you could choose from 3 shades, oh plus the little bag it all came in. I just finished washing out my makeup basket and throwing away the old stuff (it's been at least 3 years since I bought that Arbonne blush - how am I not dead of a skin infection yet?) so I could reload the new stuff. Deep cleansing breath....so much better.

Oh, one other thing, have you seen the commercial for the Flipstick that takes you from day to night? Gloria's been telling me to try it every night, so I wrote the name down and bought that sucker.


I LOVE it! I wore a little of the shimmer side to the Pack Meeting tonight and felt a little less like a man in my bulky Scout pants. (The Cubmaster asked me why my accent went from Hillbilly to Hispanic.)

4 comments:

Junior said...

Love that Flipstick! Got some last week.....easy, breezy! Great stuff you got at ulta.

gwensews said...

Love Ulta. Totally. I must go to see if the freebie is still going on. I love free cosmestics and still get them at Christmas from EsteeLauder when they have their free makeup with purchase of perfume.

RobbieK said...

I had one of those attacks just before Christmas and hit up Ulta in Daphne, next to Hancocks. Got some Bare Minerals makeup I'd had my eye on. I really like it. I get compliments every time I wear it (I think it's because folks are so used to seeing me without.)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Well I'm glad Ulta is all over the place! Gwen - they were having my freebie PLUS something if you bought perfume that was different. And Robbie, do you get the Sunday paper with all their coupons? That's why I went in there in the first place...