Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Muslin - Done (sort of)


Well, it was sort of a half-ass muslin. I just grabbed whatever fabric had big remnants and stitched them together. I think the pink fabric would make a cute dress, but that's all I had left from the shirt (which I shall review shortly). The green fabric was what I had left after making a pair of pants with fly-front zipper when I was a resident (they're still hanging in the closet). Obviously there wasn't enough to do the full skirt, but I mainly wanted to see how the bodice joined the skirt. I didn't do the "overlay" which is the scrunchy fabric below the bust.

I've actually got the real bodice lined and put together (stayed up till 11 PM last night), and the overlay was done today out of crepe-back satin, which doesn't like to scrunch at all. So that may not work out - it looks nothing like the pattern picture. I'll play with making pleats or something, and if that doesn't work I'll have to get a different kind of fabric for that.

So tonight if the creek don't rise and the gerbil don't run, I'm hoping to cut out the skirt. (Actually, the creek may rise from all the rain we got today.)

1 comment:

Junior said...

Very lovely! Have you considered sequins in the finished product in
Mardi Gras colors?