Friday, December 27, 2019

GCGSW 2019 (#6!)

My goodness, people, I totally forgot how to blog! I need to go back and update 2019 because a lot happened, but first to update the GCGSW, because #7 is coming up in 2020! I vaguely recall that we had a great time, but I needed the pics to remind me of what all we did. Let's get to it. Lots of knitters and hand-sewers on the couch, and Nancy attacked a king-sized duvet cover because that's how she rolls!

I'm pretty sure this was Trinh's first year - she's on the machine pretending to sew, haha.

Don't let her fool you - that pillow was made by 2 or 3 other people working on her machine, which gave us fits, but she kept us fed and with drinks in hands, so we let her claim she made it.

Nancy went from tiny animals the year before to acres of silk and satin - and she finished it!

I'm totally blanking on what Becky made.....argh!

Looks like Katrina has some sort of quilt going....

And I'd bet that Yaffa's beading some jewelry!

Okay I missed a lot of the projects, but we had some delicious sangria!

And some precious mini-quiches for breakfast...

With Trinh's "berries French toast casserole" - yum.

What an awesome breakfast!

Calm breakfast, I just can't remember what we did for dinner...

I do remember that I didn't have a project in mind so I just mindlessly started knitting a random sweater using inappropriate yarn. Frogged that a couple of weeks ago when I organized my yarn stash finally.

SOOOOO....this year I have a (second) hand-painted sock to finish knitting plus a sweater with cables on the trim in progress, and I toyed with the idea of making another Mardi Gras dress, but I bought the wrong fabric for the pattern I had - boo. Anyway, I'll be better at taking pictures in 2020, and hopefully I'll have time to backtrack for 2019. See ya!

No comments: